Fungal infection is considered a common disease of our time. According to statistics, 20% of the world's population is affected by the disease. Initially, the disease develops slowly, without any hint of a problem. Then begin the complications associated with serious skin diseases that can spread rapidly through the human body without being retained in the legs. Treatment of skin fungi, despite the toil, remains a priority in dermatology.
It is not difficult to notice the penetration of the disease into the body. If you regularly monitor the condition of your own feet. Dermatologists identify a list of symptoms that signal infection:
- Mild redness of the skin in the affected area;
- Dying of the affected skin, expressed through white lines and peeling;
- Itching and tingling occur in the feet, mainly in places where the integuments die off;
- Occurrence of cracks between the fingers.
The fungus on the skin of the feet in the first stage is not characterized by edema, pain when walking and other unpleasant sensations - excluding areas of disease progression. It is necessary to be careful with the affected skin, to wear comfortable shoes.
To be sure that the fungus is present or not, it is best to consult a doctor for advice. A dermatologist will examine your feet and confirm or rule out suspicion of the disease. If there is a suspicion of fungus based on external signs (redness of the skin, cracks), a list of diagnostic procedures is assigned.
To find out the correct diagnosis, you will have to go through tests.
Remember, during the treatment of a fungal infection, you must take care of your feet, pay special attention to the skin. Doctors prescribe various drugs for oral administration, advise various ointments based on medicinal herbs. It is allowed to use traditional medicine - treatment with celandine oil is considered an effective way to get rid of the fungus.
The herbs are crushed into small foot baths. The healing properties are well distributed in liquids at high temperatures, the benefits of daily bathing are undeniable. It is considered useful for treatment with hot water tincture and leaves of various colors: violet, chamomile and string. Try soaking and soaring your feet, lubricate your feet with healing oil after the procedure.
Fungal treatment is a field of medicine where non-traditional ones are acceptable, but the opinion of experts should not be forgotten. Taking into account the patient's analysis, taking into account individual characteristics (for example, allergies to selected medicinal substances), the dermatologist will prescribe the right course and undergo treatment for the patient.
Prescribing medications is a common thing for infection. Various fats and other external agents are responsible for ridding the skin of fungi, and you must take care of the internal condition of the body separately. The infection can spread throughout the body, starting from the legs.
Causes of fungi
The main reason for the formation of fungus on the skin of the feet is an infection that has entered through certain cracks, scratches and other irregularities that have occurred on the feet. The disease can hide anywhere, it spreads well in water. Rubber tiles must be worn when visiting the pool. The same advice applies to saunas and public baths.
Flat feet and inadequate grooming are considered additional causes of fungal skin infections. For example, after bathing, moisture remains on the feet, creating fertile ground for the development of infection. If the skin on the feet is dry and not hydrated, the procedure is repeated. A foot with flat feet is pre-classified as a risk group according to the list of diseases due to vulnerability.
Newborns, whose immunity did not have time to develop to the optimal level, are at risk of becoming infected: due to hereditary predisposition. Treatment of fungus in a child is one level more difficult, not all drugs suitable for adults are suitable for children. If the disease developed before the age of two, treatment is exclusively supportive: doctors wait until the required age of two to begin a complete cure of the disease.
More common skin fungus on the feet worries people who engage in activities mainly in a standing position. To avoid infection, it is recommended to transfer the weight from foot to foot regularly, and if possible, stretch.
When the disease disappears, it will be necessary to take a series of preventive measures aimed at restoring damaged skin of the feet and protection from possible external manifestations. Remember, when the affected skin becomes a kind of magnet for a new infection, the cover must be protected.
Measures to prevent relapse of the disease:
- When the treatment is over, the shoes should be disinfected, and infectious spores can remain inside, which can cause the disease again. You should consult your doctor about appropriate footwear. It is necessary for the legs to remain free during walking, to breathe openly, reducing the risk of diseases. Footwear material - natural fabrics without chemical impurities, varnishes and other unusable things.
- You can't wear someone else's shoes! This often applies to children (at risk) who try on someone else’s shoes in the form of a game. On the feet of a person who owns a shoe can be spores of fungi that infect a child’s foot. The infection develops beneficially in a humid environment, sweat from the feet is constantly released in the shoes, creating an unhealthy atmosphere and an enclosed space. Among other things, shoes must be comfortable, not to press, not to compress areas of the skin: the more damaged the wrapper, the greater the ability of the fungus to penetrate and stay on the feet.
- The above applies to trying on shoes in the store - it is better to buy special socks before putting on shoes. Do not wear shoes barefoot.
- While you’re in the pool, don’t forget the rubber slippers, in a humid environment the disease spreads several times faster, and cleaners don’t always consider it necessary to disinfect the pool and sides.
Treating the fungus is a long and arduous process, it is better to prevent the disease in advance. Although treatment procedures do not involve painful activities, a patient’s life changes radically when he or she has to take medication and apply dressings to the skin on a regular basis.
If the fungus is not treated, the disease will not eliminate itself. If you are late with treatment, the disease will pass from finger to nail, the affected nail is worse than the affected skin, much more uncomfortable. Stains of various colors, from white to yellow, appear on the nail plates, removing the nail will be a painful procedure. Certain types of fungi can spread in the legs, reaching the knees and lower leg.
The prospects are unpleasant, the fungus on the skin of the feet must be treated without delay visiting the doctor until a later date.